How to respond

You’ll get a letter known as a response pack from the tribunal.  If a claim has been made against you and you’ve had no success with conciliation you can respond in the following ways:

  • online
  • By filling out and returning the pack you will have been sent.
  • By downloading and filling in the response form and sending it to the tribunal office that’s dealing with the case.

Be sure to read with care the response guidance before you fill the form out.
NB: You MUST respond to the claim within 28 days.

If you need more time to respond ask the tribunal as soon as you can.  If you’re late or you don’t respond it’s possible the tribunal will decide against you without a hearing.