Know the process

If someone wants to make a claim against you they are initially required to go through the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS) pre-claim conciliation process. So in the first instance you will be contacted by ACAS. They will work with both you and the claimant to try to solve the problem without it going to a tribunal.